You may not think twice about your water heater until it stops working. When you don’t have hot water, life can be miserable. For this reason, the experts at Jacob’s Ladder Heating & Cooling provide prompt water heater repair services. We will get your water heater back up and running in no time so life can carry on as usual.
Troubleshooting Water Heater Problems
While there are repairs that require our team of experts to come and solve the problem for you, there are some problems that can be solved on your own. Here are some troubleshooting tips we would like to share with our valued customers.
• No Hot Water– Always check to see if the pilot light is lit when you have a gas water heater. You should be aware of any gas smell that is present as well. If you have electric, be sure there isn’t a tripped circuit and the water heater is getting electricity.
• Not Enough Hot Water or Water Too Hot– Before you call the heating professionals at Jacob’s Ladder, adjust the temperature dial located on the front of the water heater.
• Not Enough Hot Water– If your water heater isn’t the right size, you could be battling not enough hot water and should consider a larger water heater.
• Hot Water Smells Bad– There are certain minerals that can cause odors and discoloration in water. A whole house filter or water softener might be the solution.
• Pops, Bangs & Gurgles– There may be a buildup of sediments that are too large to pass through the drain valve.