Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas that has no taste or smell. If a carbon monoxide problem is left untreated, it can turn deadly quickly. Because this gas is so dangerous, the importance of carbon monoxide testing in your home is obvious. At Jacob's Ladder Heating & Cooling, we provide comprehensive carbon monoxide testing for your home to ensure the safety of you and those you love.
You may feel safe knowing that you have purchased a carbon monoxide detector for your home. It is important to know that these detectors aren’t regulated by the government and aren’t always accurate. They aren’t efficient when it comes to detecting low levels of carbon monoxide in your home. This is why CO testing by a professional at Jacob's Ladder Heating & Cooling is so important.
While high concentrations of carbon monoxide kill in less than five minutes, at low concentrations it requires a longer period of time to affect the body. Exceeding the EPA concentration of 9 ppm for more than 8 hours is believed to produce adverse health affects in those at risk. Sometimes carbon monoxide poisoning goes undetected because the symptoms are much like the flu. Here are some of the symptoms that indicate you could be in trouble.
If you experience any of these symptoms and suspect you could have a carbon monoxide problem, seek medical help right away.
The risks associated with carbon monoxide poisoning make CO testing a necessity. You can’t afford to ignore this dangerous problem. The experts at Jacob's Ladder Heating & Cooling have the training and equipment needed to perform a complete CO inspection and the ability to put your mind at ease. Call us today for all your HVAC related needs!